Art Directors and Graphic Designers
If you thrive on creativity and envision design as more than just aesthetics, we want you on our team. As an AD/GD, you possess that rare quality that allows you to think creatively and strategically, and then carry out your vision with ridiculous talent. Conceptual thinking is a must – the AD/GD is someone who can solve problems and bring new ideas to the table. Extensive Adobe Creative Suite experience is expected. At least 2-years marketing agency experience requested.
The AD is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact in multiple mediums including, but not limited to: digital landscapes (banners, social media, etc.), direct mail and print, editorial layout & design, posters, product packaging, Powerpoint or Google presentations, corporate communications and corporate identity.
Ideal candidate will be in Birmingham, but the perfect candidate can be from anywhere.
Send portfolios and resumes to email@example.com
The Art Director is responsible for:
- Developing the brand identity, creative ideas and concepts based off of information presented to them from Project/Creative Brief or meeting notes.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Demonstrate an exceptional eye for layout design.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of design programs and emerging technologies.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate directly with the account team.
- Employing a professional approach to time and deadlines. This means the Art Director always strives to meet deadlines and is responsible for opening the channels of communication with management when faced with challenges or problems.
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, fine arts, or related field preferred
- At least two years proven experience in graphic design (agency experience a plus)
- Highly proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Adobe XD, Excel
- Understanding of UI/UX, responsive web design and interest in emerging digital platforms
- Expert attention to detail and consistency
- Familiarity and experience with design for email, social media, web platforms as well as traditional advertising
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A strong work ethic with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines