Contract Art Director – Remote
Cummings Creative Group is hiring an Art Director (AD). The AD is a creative thinker who can collaborate directly with clients and colleagues on a broad range of creative strategy and tactics. Extensive Adobe Creative Suite experience is a must, as well as a knowledge of responsive web design, an understanding of HTML and CSS, and a passion for learning emerging technologies used for print and digital design.
The AD is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact in multiple mediums including, but not limited to: websites, digital landscapes (banners, social media, etc.), direct mail and print, editorial layout & design, posters, product packaging, PowerPoint or Google presentations, corporate communications and corporate identity.
The Art Director is responsible for:
- Developing the brand identity, creative ideas and concepts based off of information presented to them from Project/Creative Brief or meeting notes.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of design programs and emerging technologies.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate directly with the client
- Employing a professional approach to time and deadlines. This means the Art Director always strives to meet deadlines and is responsible for opening the channels of communication with management when faced with challenges or problems.
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- 30 – 40 hours a week availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, fine arts, or related field preferred
- At least two years proven experience in graphic design (agency experience a plus)
- Highly proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Adobe XD, Excel
- Understanding of development process and technologies including HTML, CSS, UI/UX, responsive web design and interest in emerging digital platforms
- Expert attention to detail and consistency
- Familiarity and experience with design for email, social media, web platforms as well as traditional advertising
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A strong work ethic with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines